Deep fried butter balls recipe | USA
In the USA they eat deep fried butter balls. If you’re a fan of clogged arteries or you’ve simply lost the will to live, then this is the recipe for you!
Whilst they would be undoubtedly delicious, we can only endorse making or trying this deep fried butter balls recipe on very rare occasions and as part of a balanced diet!
Making deep fried butter shouldn’t be particularly complicated but this recipe adds a slight twist by adding in some cream cheese to add a bit more texture and flavor.
- 10 best foodie gift ideas for people who love food
- The ultimate cooking set for preparing world class meals
- These herbs and spices will turn your cooking PRO
How to make deep fried butter balls
- Butter – 1 cup/1 stick
- Plain flour – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cream cheese – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper, and stir well using an electric whisk.
- Take a baking tray and cover with a non-stick baking sheet.
- Next make small 1-inch sized balls out of your mixture, use a melon baller if you have one, but otherwise it is fine to use your hands.
- Place each of the balls on to the baking tray making sure none of them are touching. Place in the freezer for around 5 hours or until they are hard.
- After 5 hours, make your batter. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Slowly add in your milk and water and beat until the batter mix is smooth.
- Prepare a deep fat fryer of hot oil or a large pot if oil if you don’t have a fryer.
- Place a toothpick into the middle of each of the frozen butter balls and, one-by-one, dip them into the batter mix, coating fully.
- Now carefully place the butter balls into the hot oil and cook through. As they start to go brown, turn them occasionally to ensure they are cooking through.
- Carefully take them out of the hot oil and serve as a snack.