Bicky burger is a Belgian hamburger first made by Dutch Company called Beckers. Established in 1981, Bicky burger revolutionized the Belgian fast food becoming a symbol of “doing what you want”.
Although there many burger giants in the market, but what makes “bicky burger” unique are its ingredients.
Made using a patty that comprises pork, horse meat and chicken and filled with pickles, sauces, fried onions and a combination of dressings, this burger has carved a special niche in the hearts of Belgian people.
History & Cultural Significance
Since its inception in 1981, Bicky burger made with 7 different ingredients innovated the Belgian fast food. Garnering immense popularity amongst the Belgians, it became a symbol of enjoying and living in the moment.
Bicky burger has grown in the recent years and introduced Bicky wrap and other varieties of fast food, yet bicky burger continues to be their most loved dish.
The actual taste of the Bicky can be attributed to the sauces used in it. Now, although the recipe of the yellow joppiesaus used in Bicky is a secret, we bring you our version of the sauce. Add this sauce to the perfect bicky and indulge in its classic flavour.
For the Joppiesaus
- Onion - 1
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Cayenne pepper - ½ tsp
- Paprika - ½ tsp
- Mayonnaise - ¼ cup
- Ketchup - ¼ cup
- Curry powder - 1 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 1tbsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Burger
- Hamburger Bun - 1
- Beef Burger patty - 1
- Roasted Onions - 1
- Cucumber salad - 1
- Take the olive oil in a frying pan and saute the onions over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the onions from heat when translucent and keep them to cool slightly.
- Finely chop the onion and take it in a bowl. Then add all the spices and the sauces and mix well to combine.
- Sprinkle some salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Refrigerate until further use.
Assembling the burger
- Toast the hamburger bun after cutting it in halves
- Grill the burger patty for 5 minutes on each side
- To assemble first place half the bun and then the burger patty over it.
- Top it up with joppiesaus, tomato sauce and hot sauce.
- Then sprinkle some roasted onion over it followed by the cucumber salad.
- Finally place the other half of the bun on top and serve.
A variety of other dressings can also be used in the burger, like cabbage and lettuce. So, without any further ado, just pop open a can of cola and serve the Bicky burger with a huge plate of fries.